Explorations in Law and History: “Irish Legal History Society Discourses, 1988-1994”
The inaugural address of the Irish Legal History Society – now reprinted in Osborough, An Island’s Law.
Table of Contents
LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
– The birth and early development of a colonial judiciary: the judges of the lordship of Ireland, 1210-1377
– Paul Brand The king’s Serjeants at law in Ireland: a short history
– A.R. Hart Marriage, divorce and the forbidden degrees: canon law and Scots law
– WD.H. Sellar Audley Mervyn: lawyer or politician?
– A.R. Hart The Four Courts at Christ Church; 1608-1796
– Colum Kenny Irish ambition and English preference in chancery appointments, 1827-1841: the fate of William Conyngham Plunket
– Colum Kenny